This month our members were challenged to create these amazing mirrors for PolymerClayForACause started by PCAGOE Guild Member Angela.
"I started Polymer Clay for a Cause in honor of my daughter, Cortney.Vote for you favorites at http://pcagoechallenge.blogspot.com/ until July 7.
Cortney had an incredibly artistic mind, but due to her Muscular Dystrophy we were not able to find a medium that she could do. So in turn during her years of living at Childrens Hospital she would tell me GREAT stories and I would try to bring them to life thru polymer clay. Clay became both of our worlds, just in different ways. Cortney left this world at the age of 14 to go dance for the first time, but I try to continue her spirit thru clay and charities (Cortney would grow her hair out, just to donate it to locks of love - which for a girl in a wheelchair is rough to do - that was the kind of soul she was). I will list photos of her in the store, if you wish to see her!"
And make a purchase for a good cause! You can purchase your favorites from these individual stores. The proceeds will go to Polymer Clay for a Cause.
1) MIRROR, MIRROR by Angela of ElementalDragons
(for sale at Polymer Clay for a Cause)
2) PURPLE SNAKE by Susan of 11BoldStreet (sold, but visit her store to see more works)
3) IKAT POCKET MIRROR by Jill of JKollmann (sold, but visit her store to see more works)
4) FAUX WOOD KOKOPELLI by Becky of BeckySueCreations
5) PEARL PAISLEY COMPACT MIRROR by Berit of ClayCenter
6) POCKET FULL OF POSIES by Angela of PolymerClayCreations
7) MY ROMANCE MIRROR by Cindy of ArrowdaleArtStudio
8) FLOWER RIOT POCKET MIRROR by Kelly of KellyPlaysClay (sold, but visit her store to see more works)
Here are the prizes you could win if you vote:
1st row, L-R: CreateMyWorld, HiGirls, LaurelSteven,
2nd row, L-R: 11BoldStreet, MarciaPalmer,