Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August Challenge - Charity



Scroll to the bottom of the post to vote for your favorites!

 

About the Challenge:
For our annual "Charity Challenge" we chose The Global Genes Project, 7000 Bracelets for Hope, which provides bracelets for the rare and genetic disease community. Bracelets needed to be blue, in keeping with the projects color theme. 

Entries for this challenge were sent directly to the organization and will not be in the artist's shops. But, if something that you see in the entries is of interest, you might contact that shop to inquire about creation of a similar item :)

Vote at the bottom of the page and you might win!
Vote between August 1-7 and you could win. Three lucky winners will be selected in a drawing of all non-member voters and will be able to choose a prize offered by our member shops sponsoring this month's challenge. See the list of participating sponsors and prizes.   

And the entries are:  TO VOTE: scroll to bottom of post.

Although my entire kitchen is filled with blue and white dishes, glassware etc, it took this "Bracelet for Hope" challenge to inspire me to work with these colors. Canework and molded tuilips and roping over copper cuff blank.

Rich shades of blue and sea green circle and flow on these handmade beads. Then the beads were combined with silvertone findings and multi-faceted silver glass beads to create a one-of-a-kind bracelet.

PCAGOE Monthly Challenge - August: Utilizing my liquid polymer and fabric technique, I soaked denim with LP and cured it. Then, I added a polymer focal and back closure. Frayed edges are intentional :)

7000 Blue Bracelets of Hope is a charity that spoke to me. They donate the bracelets to those who care for people with rare diseases. The beads I used were particularly fun to make, kinda look like torn leather. The glass beads are called sugar beads, one of my favorites.

This is my entry for the PCAGOE August 2012 Challenge for Charity - for The Global Genes Project. This bracelet was inspired by the gorgeous upcycled T-shirt material bracelets made by fellow PCAGOE member Marcia Palmer. I've used a band of upcycled T-shirt material and woven it together with some polymer clay beads. The lentil shaped bead is a blue polymer clay that was dyed with silk. And the other smaller beads were a neutral polymer clay color which I dyed with alcohol inks.... All in tones of blue. There is no clasp for this bracelet as it will just stretch to double up on the wearer's wrist.

Ikat clay in shades of blue, sheeted, and cut into disks in cup bezels, done for the 7000 Bracelets for Hope program of the Global Genes Project, which seeks to increase awareness of rare diseases and those who live with them.

I made this Art Nouveau inspired piece using small amounts of green and blue clay mixed with translucent clay and alcohol inks for a frosted appearance. The squares patterns alternate between a smooth and stamped mokume gane texured ones.

Bracelet made over a handmade ultra light clay form. I used premo pearl clay, pearl-ex mica powders, and alcohol inks.

PCAGOE August Challenge Blue Stretch Bracelet. All beads in various shades of blues are handmade by me. The silver bits are re-cycled from a second hand jewelry purchase. All are strung on jewlers stretch elastic for easy wear. This bracelet is being donated to: Global Genes Project.

My piece is a Polymer Clay Cha Cha bracelet, When I think of hope, I think of life and new life. Flowers :). So I created tiny polymer clay blue flowers with sculpted accents and details as beads, Then I made blue beads and covered then with a fun ghost cane for a cool effect. I made blue pearl like beads from polymer clay and filled it in with dark blue, light blue, and white pearls to make a full lovely cha cha bracelet. I finished it with a gorgeous flower lobster clasp and most important I added a Made with Love and a Hope charm at the end. Because that is what is important, Never give up hope. Hope you enjoy my piece it was made with lots of love and hope for all of these wonderful people. 

11. Shades of Blue from Me to You by Cindy of ArrowdaleArtStudio
My entry into the PCAGOE Charity Challenge for the month of August. My bracelet is made entirely from Kato polyclay, using a soda can as my mold. The inside of the cuff is utterly smooth, doing this, btw. No sanding! :) Starting with a navy blend of clay, I gradually lightened the clay until I had 7 variations to nearly white, then blocked them together, offsetting each row and then back again to form the cane. The background clay is actually the blended scraps from the off cuts and leftovers.
The "from me to you," thing is partly to represent that this piece is being donated but also to represent the shading in the cane, light to dark, and all kinds of shades in between - just like people, whether by color or ideology or nationality or taste in music! :)

12. Blue Diamonds Cuff by Deb of RenGalSA
Adventures in ExStroppelating!

Vote Here

Choose your top 3 favorites. You must pick 3 different entries. Voting is open to the public the from the 1st-7th.  Read the expanded rules here.



1 comment: