Monday, September 10, 2012

September challenge winners

 And the winners of the September PCAGOE "Metallics" Challenge are:

Member Voting:
1st Place

Faux Torn and Folded Metal Vessel by Jackie of ThePleasantPheasant

 2nd Place
Mixed Metal Vessel 129 by Sue of 11BOLDstreet

 3rd Place
Silver and Brass Pendant by Freda of FrekaK
Public Voting:
1st Place
Metallic Dragon by Kimberly of Kidalski
2nd Place
Metallic Themed Earrings by Jill of JKollmann
 3rd Place
Metallic Jungle Bracelet by Deb of RenGalSa

Drawing Winners:
Mary Gray, Brenda Cole, and Ronni Boyars
They get to pick a prize from one of our lovely participating shop owners. http://polymerclayartists.blogspot.com/2012/08/september-challenge-sponsors.html

Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you to everyone who voted and supports our challenges each month. 170 votes were cast this month.

Comments left by voters:
·        I wish I could make such beauties!!!!
·         Every one of the entries this month were beautiful and fun. Made it very hard to pick just three.
·         love all your hard work, awesome!
·         I have been missing in action due to my work. Missing my clayers! Lovely work this month!
·         I have an Etsy shop and belong to a team--one of my team mates does beautiful polymer clay work. She directed me to this contest.
·         Wonderful work everyone!
·         Love to see the creativity in the challenges!
·         It was very difficult to choose the top 3 as the criteria was met with some great creativity.
·         as always, outstanding work--good to see so many different interpretations!
·         As usual, choices were extremely difficult. The metallic garden necklace just spoke to me. I love the versatility of pc and chose the candle holder for its beauty of color and pattern. Like the metallic garden necklace, the copper queen piece just grabbed me.

·         Such creativity! I should have so much talent.
·         Some of the jewelry in this competition is so beautiful, it's giving me inspiration and drive to attempt to make my own as good.
·         I also like to make things in metallic PC. Now I am more inspired...I love the vessel, the light switch and the pendant but all the items are wonderful.
·         Beautiful work as I always expect. It's amazing what you can make with just a bit of clay!
·         Love the metallics! I am partial to jewelry, but love the innovative designs of the other objects.
·         Beautiful selection this month. Really lovely to look at. Well done all.
 
·         Thank you so much for your rewarding all us voters ....You rock
 
·         All of the entries are magnificent...hard decision...however I think the 3 I selected best met the challenge at hand...
 
·         Love all the metallics!
 
·         : )
 
·         I was very pleased with this group. The beaded earrings with polymer were beautiful as was the bracelet and pendent. Each piece was unique and showed the diversity that can come from polymer clay. Great job. Thanks Donelle
 
·         so many great items. Really hard to choose. Like all of them. Kudus to all
 
·         It is always hard to pick. Everything is so nice. BLESSINGS Sandra H.
 
·         Sooo shiny so pretty
 
·         Lovely ladies!
 
·         Love the torn metallic look
 
·         It always amazes me how many different interpretations there are of a basic theme. Great entries everyone!

·         I love this month's Faux Metallic Challenge... Many thanks, Cind
·          
·         Seemed like a hard subject to conquer. All did a great job, so it was difficult to choose.
 
·         I enjoy this each month.
 
·         HARD CHOICES, THEY ARE ALL REALLY AWESOME PIECES
 
·         beautiful entries! hard to choose
 
·         excellent quality of entries this month
 
·         they are all cute, beautiful and awesome!
 
·         2 - a real art vase; 9 - really attractive; 3 - heavy metal for sure!
 
·         I'm a polymer clay artist (though not a member of PCAGOE), and am simply amazed at the level of talent that the entries here express! I can't imagine getting such a 'metallic' look to my clay items. #1 is amazing (I'm assuming she used millefiori, which I can't do for the life of me), #3 is remarkable-- I wish I knew the tricks of that trade. ;) Really a remarkable assortment of skill here!
 
·         great stuff
 
·         Each and every piece this month was beautiful! I loved looking at all of them.

·         #4: The detail and colors used in this pair of earrings is very well suited for each other. They look light, earthy, and full of movement. Beautiful
 
·         All your work is gorgeous and I can see the time put into each piece. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Should get back to my clay soon!! Colleen Harrison
  
·         Beautiful Dragon by Kim Just Love it!! Sincerely Patty
  
·         I really love the #1 necklace and also the blue vases, however the blue did not appear to have the metallic but they were my all round favorite of them all.
 
·         Kimberly Idalsky makes some of the most beautiful jewelry. I have a breast cancer bracelet, feather necklace and earring sets, a purple iris necklace and earring plus an orange lily necklace. She pays attention to detail and her items are just wonderful. On top of all that, she is a loving and giving person with a heart as big as Texas. Do yourselves a favor and order something from her. You will not be disappointed.
 
·         Tough choices as they are all amazing works of art... but my top three (Jill's necklace, Susan's vessel and Marie's switch plate) are the ones that I think best captured the feel of actual metal.
 
·         So many lovely pieces it was hard to choose.
 
·         great job everyone!!
 
·         Polymer Clay creations have certainly EVOLVED! Congrats to all nominations!

·         Great Job Everyone. Everything is beautiful.
 
·         Everyone's work is outstanding, as usual.
 
·         It is amazing how the same theme is interpreted in so many beautiful ways. So many talented artists.
 
·         Love the variety of items in this one! Great job everyone!



1 comment:

  1. Congrats everyone. Every entry was awesome. Fun challenge. Excited for the next one. I have a great idea. Thanks to all my friends and family and artist friends that voted. Hugs to all. Happy Claying

    ReplyDelete