Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January Challenge Winners

And the winners of the January Challenge are:

Public Vote

1st place 
  
2nd place

 3rd Place



Member Vote
1st Place



 2nd place

3rd Place


Drawing Winners:
Deborah Anderson, Ellen Bergamasco, Michele Norine
They get to pick a prize from one of our lovely participating shop owners. http://polymerclayartists.blogspot.com/2012/11/sponsors-galore-for-december-challange.html

Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you to everyone who voted and supports our challenges each month. 155 votes were cast this month.

A sampling of comments left by voters:

· Fantastic This is looking like a great new year!!!!

· Beautiful everyone. Love all the amazing details. Hugs and happy claying in 2013 kidalski

· Hard to decide this month so many good entries.

· This challenge brought out all the best in the members this time - I love the diversity in the interpretation!

· I really enjoy and appreciate all the hard work these artists put into their pieces! I picked #5, the snowman, as my 1st choice, before I knew that it was made by my friend, Linda! So cheery and happy! It's interesting to read about how the entries were made, especially to those of us who aren't artistic like these artists are! Thanks for all your efforts!

· Some lovely entries again this month. Jewelry is still my favourite. Textures are amazing, it brings so much creativity in the air!!!

· Interesting to see the various way texture could be presented this month.

· I almost didn't vote. It was very hard to choose just 3. The entries this month are so great. I'm so sorry for not voting for others I liked.

· It was REALLY hard to pick just three! All of you amaze me with your talent every time I come here.

· Wonderful work from everyone! Jackie just keeps stepping up to the plate each month!. Love the Raku heart, it looks pretty darn realistic. The copper barrette looks like reptile to me, if I had more time...everyone did great!

· I had to choose the house because where I am from we have houses like that. Or at least used to.

· Wonderful work from everyone! Jackie just keeps stepping up to the plate each month!. Love the Raku heart, it looks pretty darn realistic. The copper barrette looks like reptile to me, if I had more time...everyone did great!

· As always, such beautiful submissions-my selections were simply the ones that touched my heart the most.

· Choosing was hard this time as this was a very strong show. Donna Freckmann

· All these items are good examples of what texture is about, some more than others. My choice of Raven's releasing the Sun shows inspiration and more than good use of textured surfaces. A very nice piece. The farmhouse is original in the use of the clay for the roof.

· I love the theme this month. It is an area I have just started really messing with. The entries are very eye-catching and show so much talent.

· I love to see the improving talent of our people.

· I love getting this newsletter every month. Even though I am not selling my work on Etsy (yet - I have dreams), I really enjoy seeing all the work that others are doing.

· An interesting challenge. I would not have been able to guess what tied all the entries together. An eclectic group of entries.

· Thanks for all that you do. I appreciate the creativity that I see.

· No. 9 would have been my fourth-place winner.

· I usually have a hard time picking 3 winners, but this time it was even harder. Texture is a popular medium I guess.

· What a great challenge. As always, it was difficult to choose! I love the pendant with all its little textures. The farmhouse is a real accomplishment, love it! The cuff is exquisite!

· Awesome stuff! Never left wanting more! Beautiful!!

· My top three choices could go either way, all three are superior. It was a difficult choice. Great work!

· I heard about the challenge from Jackie's comment. I really enjoyed perusing everyone’s work. It was difficult to choose.

· Awesome entries... kudos to all of the artists!

· Thank you all so much for participating. All of your work is creative and inspiring!

· Great idea for a theme and some awesome jewelry!

· Texture demonstrated beautifully! It was a hard choice this month.

· Very beautiful art work keep up the good work

· Your link is my fav. Always like to vote on the creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment