Thursday, May 9, 2013

May Challenge Winners

And the winners of the May Challenge are:

Public Vote


1st place 



2nd place 
Eightfold Path by Suzen of PhoenixRose


Members Vote
 


2nd place 
Eightfold Path by Suzen of PhoenixRose

3rd place

Drawing Winners:
Judy Massey, Karen Leeman, Ashley Hetler


They get to pick a prize from one of our lovely participating shop owners.
http://polymerclayartists.blogspot.com/2013/04/may-challenge-sponsors.html
Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you to everyone who voted and supports our challenges each month. 147 votes were cast this month.

A sampling of comments left by voters:
-This was a fun challenge for me since I love doing mosaics. It was great to see the wide range of different projects and how our members interpreted the challenge.
-Nice job as always... so hard to choose a favorite
-Gorgeous entries, it was hard to choose favourites!
-There should have been eleven winners this month!! Every entry is so beautiful.
-Beth's peacock platter is amazing. The amount of work and talent that went into it is astounding.
nice work everyone
-That tray is absolutely stupendous. Love it. The patchwork is so incredibly appealing. Well done everyone
-Beautiful entries! So much color and texture and we're spoiled for choice!
-Each piece is prize worthy.
-So many lovely pieces to choose from it was hard to decide. They ALL deserve to be winners.
-Love all the entries! Hard to pick just 3 out of 10, let alone 1st, 2nd, 3rd!
-My personal interpretation of mosaics and a love of peacocks influenced my 1st place selection but all the works of art entered this month are all beautiful.
-WOW This one is really hard to pick just three that are the best. I think they are all the best. Good work to all of you.
-Hard to chose only 3!
-Wow! Everything looks amazing!
-It was very difficult to chose this time. So many outstanding pieces. Good luck to everyone.
-I just have to say that these are all great entries! Beautiful work!
-Wow, ladies you have done it again. Nice work all. Beth the tray was fabulous, with bright colors and neat design. Phoenix: really nice work, and Arlene Your mosaics are always spectacular...didn't know where to look first. Lots of good work, I enjoyed each piece
-That peacock tray is incredible! The amount of time and effort is just WOW!
Nice work on all entries! It was difficult to pick a favorite. I love colorful so I picked #5 for my vote. 
- Beautiful creations once again!!! Choosing is never easy! BTW where does one see who the winners are for voting.
--Wow...so hard to decide as there is so much talent! All of them were amazing!
-This was so very difficult for me. All of them were beautiful and well-done, but the Peacock tray and the two mosaic tile hangings were simply marvelous!
-The best theme yet, my top three are really all joint first place .
-All of these are artful but some just 'stood out' . I look for finishing techniques...can't help it. First thing I do with a piece of jewelry is pick it up and look at the back. #10 drew my first place vote immediately.
-Wow!! I'm going to have to give this a try. I love all of them!!
-Very nice ladies. I didn't get a chance to make an entry, but you have all inspired me to try.
all are wonderful and eye catching, but these three spoke to me in the order I have them listed above.
great works!
-Most beautiful assortment of artworks this month. Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!
-Aside from the entries I voted for, all the other pieces are impressive and worthy of consideration.
-Such rich colors this time!
-Congratulations to everyone for their ideas and inspirations to us who are trying to be as good as these artists are!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment