Thursday, October 9, 2014

Southwestern Challenge Winners

The winners in the PCAGOE October Challenge "Southwestern" are:


Public Vote

Top entries selected by the public:
1. Southwestern Skull Wall Art by Lisa of HiGirls



2. Southwest Native American Kokopelli Faux Stained Glass Suncatcher by Angela of polymerclaycreations


3. Turquoise and Orange Celestial Sun Business Card Case by Marie Young of YoungCreative


Member Vote

Top entries selected by the public:
1. Southwest Native American Kokopelli Faux Stained Glass Suncatcher by Angela of polymerclaycreations

 

2. Southwestern Skull Wall Art by Lisa of HiGirls



3. TIE 
Ancient Drinking Bowl by Line of PlaySculptLive
4 Directions Dreamcatcher by Beth of CreateMyWorldDesigns 




 View all of the entries:
http://polymerclayartists.blogspot.com/2014/09/october-southwestern-challenge.html



Congratulations to the drawing winners. They get to pick a prize from one of our lovely participating sponsor shop owners.

Maite Mora Ferrer
Susan Rankin
Gretchen Tara

Comments from the voters:
Fabulous WORK this month!
What a high standard of entries. It was very difficult to choose. I always seem to manage to take some form of inspiration from these challenges. Thank you.
Lovely work!
Wow, these entries are fabulous, all of them!! You guys are getting better and better.
Ladies I had a very hard time having to select a 1-2-3 this month. All works were so outstanding. I read about the history of the drinking vessel. What a great idea. Dream catcher - faux leather, faux wood faux feather that look like the real thing. The "skull" is so colorful, detailed and unique. SW colors stained glass, covered tins and case, tiles and mosaic and earrings. WOW! I feel like I have taken a trip out West this morning. Congrats to all for the great works! Very enjoyable to see.
They are all very nice and it is always hard to choose. Everyone has such creative talent.
Lovely
I really like at least 6 of them; too difficult to choose just 3.
I'm part native American and loved looking at all the items made. I think they are all great.
Well done!
For the three entries I voted for: beautiful earrings, inspiring Kokopelli image, and truly amazing looking covered tin. Such wonderful work for all of them, I hope one of them wins this challenge.
Great entries, I live in the Southwest 28 years and these creations are fantastic. Good luck to all.
All beautiful items.
Wonderful job this month!!!
Nice variety of color and creativity chosen for this month's challenge!!
Hard choices but the earring are so clean and elegant I had to make it the top choice. Reminds me of a lot of piedra dura work I saw in Santa FE.
Interesting pieces.
Love seeing new and exciting clayers.
Once again, beautiful art creations! I love southwestern style
#9 for originality and execution. #4 for design and execution, kudos for your patience. In my mind, #3, #5 and #7 were tied. I went for #5 due to my personal bias for celestial motifs.
Love to see the different takes on each challenge
So very hard to choose just three, they are all remarkable.
All are really wonderful representations of southwest art. Love them all.
Cool theme!
As a native of the southwest, this has to be my favorite challenge theme so far. And what a difficult choice to select my top three.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment