Saturday, January 9, 2016

January 2016 Challenge winners "Shades of Grey - A Study in Value"

Top entries selected by the public


1. Seascape in Clay by Lisa of HiGirls 


2. Still Waters by Arlene of HarrisonHollow.


3. Two-way tie

Shades of Gray Bottle by Jackie of ThePleasantPheasant


Yin Yang Polymer Pillow Necklace by Beth of CreateMyWorldDesigns



Top entries selected by members

1. Shades of Gray Bottle by Jackie of ThePleasantPheasant 


2.  Granite Gauze Cuff No. 167 by Susan of 11BOLDstreet


3. 50 Shades of Gray Statement Necklace by Betsy of StrebeDesigns


View all of the entries:






Congratulations to the drawing winner: Susan Worcester
You get to pick a prize from one of our lovely participating sponsor shop owners.

Comments from the voters:

  • Thank you all for sharing your beautiful works! Everything is so well done it makes it hard to pick three.
  • Thank you - pieces are beautiful ... I love the soft and quiet of the white and gray!
  • Love this theme! So beautiful.
  • Very nice work! A challenge but you guys carried it off for sure.
  • All very lovely. I enjoy seeing the submissions for this very much.
  • Nice use of topic colors!
  • All the entries as usual are gorgeous, it gets harder and harder to pick a favorite!
  • I love B&W color combination, it's my favorite. It's been so difficult to choose only 3 pieces.... I love 8!!
  • All of the entries were great. The clay landscape on canvas especially caught my attention because it was like a painting on canvas. I love to paint. Good job everyone!
  • This vote was very hard for me as I felt they all deserved it. This is one that I think they all thought was challenging, so I feel each one is a winner in my book. Awesome work Ladies!
  • Had to include Jackie's bottle, since I love it, it's on my mantle and I can see all the subtle value variations up-close ;)
  • Dragon is adorable!
  • Tough choice! Beautiful items.
  • I love the variety! Great work everyone!
  • Great work from all of you.
  • Wonderful monochromes. This challenge is an intriguing one!
  • The entries are all fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment