Thursday, January 9, 2014

January 2014 Challenge Winners

And the winners of the December Challenge are:


Public Vote

1st place 
Recycled Filigree Tree by  Beth of CreateMyWorld

2nd place
Recycled Mosaic Treasure Box by Arlene  of Ashpaints


3rd place
Eye Pencil Shavings Pendants by Marie of YoungCreative
 

Members Vote

1st place
Recycled Filigree Tree by  Beth of CreateMyWorld





2nd place
Recycled Vessels by Susan of 11BOLDstreet 


3rd place
Recycled Mosaic Treasure Box by Arlene  of Ashpaints


Drawing Winners: 
Ginger Petraglia
Marilyn Buehler
Jane Elder




They get to pick a prize from one of our lovely participating sponsor shop owners.


Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you to everyone who voted and supports our challenges each month.

A sampling of comments left by voters:
-Wonderful job everyone! Too bad we can’t pick all of you! This is harder than choosing colors of clay when you can’t afford them all! Good luck everyone!
-Beautiful work by all of you...
-All of these artist's made great use of recycled materials and polymer clay!
-I loved the theme!
-All I can say is wow for all of them but #11 looks like real shells.
-It is so difficult to vote because all the projects are so attractive and well thought out..
-I think that 8 was the most unique use of a recycled item...a beater? Really? Awesome!
-I love the mosaic on the cigar box. So many canes, such lovely colors, and a beautiful saying as well!
-I love the recycled vase. The water looks just lovely. What an interesting technique. I have some sand from my favorite beach and you have inspired me to use it in a polymer creation!
Awesome.
-I think that the mixer beater is so very clever of an item to recycle, plus the tree is just adorable! Hope this piece wins!
-It was difficult to choose a winner this month--so many really nice projects.
-I am always amazed and delighted by the amount of hard work that member puts into these challenges. How they manage this and the rest of their busy lives is beyond me! Good on them!
-What a fun challenge! Everyone had such original ideas! I totally enjoyed viewing your work.
-Excellent!! Creative solutions to reduce, reuse,, and recycle.
-Great selection this month.
-I love polymer clay, seeing all the creative ways everyone uses it to express themselves is so exciting.
-I love the diversity!
-Very creative. I hope to participate more in the New Year. Happy New Year and happy claying to all!
-Fantastic work everyone! Love the diversity and creativity!!
lots of really lovely items!
-All very creative ideas! I especially liked the filigree tree made from the old mixer beater Beth!

No comments:

Post a Comment