Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May Challenge Winners

And the winners of the May Challenge are:

Winners Voted on by PCAGOE Members

1st Place
Tiffanylit4 by Beth of of CreateMyWorld
 2nd place
Sparkles the Fish and Mermaid Inspired by James Christensen, "Jonah" by Peg of Peggers
3rd place (3-way tie)
Kinkade-Inspired by Jill of jkollmann
Abstract Pendant No. 116 By Susan of 11BOLDstreet

Alice Sculpture by Marie of YoungCreative

Winners Voted on by Non Members

1st Place
Capucci inspired petal necklace by Lisa of HiGirls
2nd Place


Tiffanylit4 by Beth of of CreateMyWorld

3rd Place
In Flight by Tamara of irrysistablejewels
 

Drawing Winners

Congrats to Gail Thompson, Joan Anderson, Carmela Aviv!
They get to pick a prize from one of our lovely participating shop owners.
http://polymerclayartists.blogspot.com/2012/04/look-what-may-challenge-voters-could.html

Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you to everyone who voted and supports our challenges each month.
213 votes were cast this month.


Comments left by the voters:
Wonderful artistic inspirations!

Wow this month was really hard. It took me a long time to decide and then I had some left over. Very very good to everyone who entered.

Amazing entries! I had a really hard time choosing my top 3.

I always love to see what everyone does I like to work with clay I'm not very good but I am learning and they inspire me to want to do more plus their work is lovely.

These are all so wonderful. Your members are amazing artists

I see unlimited talent with some of these projects...

I am totally blown away with this month's entries. Your members are an inspiration to a new polymer clay " artist".

I saw the post on Facebook by Berit Hines & came by to check out all the fabulous work. Very nice job! It was hard to pick! I had 6 picked out & then kept narrowing it down! Very creative work, everyone!

This was a very tough competition to pick winners, as they were all excellent. I really love James Christianson and his quirky humor, and I thought "sparkles" captured that. I loved the Watercolor Trinket Box though I didn't choose it. As I said, they were all quite good. Good luck to all, it will be tough!

Hard choice in these beautiful and inventive entries! Such imagination and quality execution. Bravo to all!

Unbelievably difficult to chose, the members have upped their game a thousand percent. Way to go!!

#14 is exquisite, so creative,and a beautiful usable piece!

Talent!

Best group of artist ever. I wanted to have 10 votes (at least). And even once I narrowed it down to 3, I had real trouble ranking them. I was also impressed by 3, 12 and 17.

I love polyclay and because I am a polymer clay artist myself I am always interested in things other artists made.

All these entries are just beautiful....very difficult to choose my favorites...loved them all!!! WOW such talent!!!

Lisa - that necklace is absolutely gorgeous and So Capucci! I liked it the best before I even looked at the names!

This was one of the hardest competitions to pick three favorites from. Everyone should be VERY proud of the work they did for this month's contest. Great Job Everyone!!

To see stained glass in clay is awesome. Good job.

Fantastic entries - so hard to choose! So many creative interpretation of familiar (and not-so-familiar) artists. Great job!

Great job, Marie!

Love the 'Artist Inspired' challenge theme!

Oh, my! It was sooooo hard to narrow my choices to only 3!!! These are some of the most gorgeous designs I've seen in quite awhile -- although I think this every month! :)

What a difficult decission again! It's hard to choose between all the creations. I've chosen this 3 pieces because I love the artists that have inspired them: Friesen, Mucha and Tiffany

Amazing work. I hope to be well enough to join in the challenge next month.

So much artists inspire us polymer clay artists! I love to see all these creations with their own inspiration story. Beautiful work!

One.
I think the Jackson Pollock inspiration was spot on for a Polymer clay article.
Two.
Loved this Calico horse and could see why it was named as such. Nice work.
Three
A lot of work goes into Faberge Eggs, and the work here mirrored that nice effort.
It is always hard to choose a pick, as such good work is done by all artists involved.

As always, the amazing talent of the PCAGOE artists just blows me away. It is truly incredible how these artists grew to meet the current month's challenge.

Love to see and read what sparks each artist. Extremely difficult to choose from such varied examples. Kudos to all.

really love the panda, and the fish, nice work.

So diverse and beautiful. I now have a lot of artists who have inspired me. Thank you!

the choices are getting harder and harder to make.... but so enjoy looking at all of that beautiful art and all the hard work, creativity and inspiration that went into it.

My 2 favorites hummingbirds and
Morning glories-so pretty

PLEASE make the pictures clickable to bigger photos. ESP with beauties like these, I need to be able to see closeups. Thanks!

This challenge was definitely the most difficult to narrow down to only three choices. There are so many talented artists and this challenge brought out the "big guns". Kudos to all !!

I find the petal necklace design very stunning. It is a simple yet lovely way to use two colours of polymer clay for a playful, yet sophisticated piece of jewelry. Bravo.

All creations this month are extraordinary! Difficult time making a choice.

I loved seeing the fantasy sculptures as that is what I have done since the early 80's Nice work !! I am going on the Clayditarod cruise in Aug. Anybody going ?? It will be my first classes even though I have taught over the years LOL. My first time being around other polymer clay people other than visits here. Great pieces

I love the work by Jill of jkollmann. On the other hand, it's a very heart-warming tribute to the passing of Thomas Kinkade.

Its always a treat to view the entries. Thank you for letting us general public types to participate in the voting.

I loved seeing all the different interpretations translated into clay - especially since the different inspirations were both 2D and 3D.
This was a tough choice - everyone did top notch work!!

Very original challenge!All works are very interesting!I pleased to see Hundertwasser ispiration here.

The entries are all so different and how wonderful to see what inspires each of the artists and their amazing interpretations.

Tough competition this month... So very difficult to choose just 3, my top 3 could change any minute, but at this particular minute they are Susan's Pollock inspired pendant, Jill's Kincade inspired art and Angela's Fabrege egg. Excellent work everyone!

Thank you all for being here.

I love the soft colors of the Kincaid inspired piece. Beautifully done! I am a huge fan of Fabrege and Jackson Pollock and am inspired by these creations. Good luck to Jill, Angela and Susan. Love your works. All of the pieces were great.

This was not easy. They are all excellent. My selections were based not only on my personal funnest of the pieces but also the degree of difficulty in producing the pieces to mimic the work of Artists whose work is of a different medium. I'm a Polymer Artist and know how challenging this can be. The Kincaid replica(and I don't particularly care for Kincaid's work)at that or any scale in Polymer was definitely a challenge to say the least. The end result is amazing.

Saw the Kincade in person at our guild meeting. Jill does fabulous work!

Everything is amazing! But that necklace is calling out to me!

This was the most difficult voting in a long time!

Great job on the necklace HiGirl. it is so unique and I love the colors.

I am absolutely in love with #4. Once I read how they found the inspiration and noticed, in amazement, on how well the necklace itself coordinates with the inspiration, I was floored! Beautiful work!

Best challenge yet!!

This month's pieces are just beautiful, jaw-dropping to see the variety and the workmanship. Great job everyone!

Everyone outdid themselves this time. I have never had such a hard time choosing. Wow.

I love Linda Clay's work.

We say this over and over but it was SO HARD TO CHOOSE! This surely had to be one of the most, if not THE most difficult month to choose three (and only three!!) favorites. Fantastic work and creativity here.

I love all the works posted here and they provide inspiration to all other artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment