Sunday, August 31, 2014

Featured Artist Lorraine Vogel

 
 
Meet Lorraine Vogel
She's been the featured artist on our PCAGOE Facebook page for the past two weeks. 
 

Lorraine lives in Delray Beach, FL. Living in South Florida lends inspiration to this artist's creations with the execution of playful, colorful pendant and beads which she then incorporates into jewelry pieces. With a graphic artist background, Lorraine's jewelry designs are clean and bold with a tropical flair. About her polymer journey, Lorraine says this: "6 years ago I decided I needed to find something to do creatively that wasn't like my day job as a graphic artist. I needed time away from the computer. So, I took a local wire-wrapping class...and fell in love. Soon after, I was browsing in the book store for jewelry making instructional books and picked up a book on polymer clay. I fell in love again.
I bought a few blocks of clay and some cheap tools and got to work. I'll never forget the first time I created a design using the mokume gane technique. I could hardly wait to try other colors and stamps."

Lorraine opened a two other etsy shops in recent years, one called MySchoolJewels…dedicated to fun jewelry for the avid college or school fan.
And the second called LOVOBeads dedicated to handcrafted beads and jewelry components.

Find Lorraine at these online locations:

No comments:

Post a Comment