Sunday, January 1, 2012

January Challenge: Not Jewelry, Not Wearable

Scroll to the bottom of the post to vote for your favorites!


For our January PCAGOE challenge we decided show you all of the great things that can be made out of polymer besides jewelry.  Public voting is open until Jan. 7. Vote for your favorites at the bottom of the post and you could win a prize! It may take a minute for the voting form to appear. 
 
NEW prize format for voters( select your own prize)
Three lucky winners will be selected in a drawing of all non-member voters and will be able to choose a prize offered by our member shops sponsoring this month's challenge. See the list of participating sponsors and prizes.

And the entries are:


Click on the entry titles to see a larger image.
Hit your back arrow (top left) to return to the challenge.

1 - Pomander Pod - Black Brocade No. 122 by Susan of 11BOLDStreet
"What I'm calling "pomander pods" - perforated polymer clay containers filled with with whole spices, such as cloves, allspice and cardamom. Just pick up and give it a shake to release subtle, spicy fragrance. Reversible, with separate coordinated polymer base. 3" dia. x 1 3/4" pod."


2 - Elegant_Wine_Stopper_Deco_Style by Marie of YoungCreative
"I wanted to bring the look of a flapper dress to a hand-sculpted wine stopper. The red hand-cut fringe sits on a black swirl mokume gane background. Glass beads finish off the design."


3 - Funky Salt and Pepper Shakers, Zebra Print by Berit of Clay Images
"My entry into the PCAGOE Challenge for January. My popular zebra design on a set of vintage salt and pepper shakers! Fun!"


4 - Pink Man with Shining Heart by Marcia of marcymPC
"
This figurine was made at a Dale Doroshow workshop several years ago. His glittering heart with its peaceful flowered background seem very restful to me."


5 - Celtic Cane Kit Application by Jill of JKay Jewelry
"I used Valerie Wallace's Celtic Cane Kit to make the cane that embellishes the side of this box. I used a kalaidescope technique on a cane scrap to make the embellishment for the center of the lid. The box is 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 and 1 1/2 inches deep.
"

6 - Abstract Flower Wine Stopper by Lorraine of wiredorchid
"This is my entry in the Polymer Clay Artists of Etsy's January Challenge: Not Jewelry, Not Wearable. I achieved the abstract flower pattern using the mokume gane technique. I love using this technique. The patterns look painted, rather than layers of different colored clay."



7 - Christmas Tree Nativity-5 by Line of Play Sculpt Live
"Using cookie cutters, I made the tree with polymer clay. The snow is a sort of embossing medium and the figurines are vintage pieces I had in my xmas craft box.
"


8 - Old Fashioned Rose - Image Transfer Pocket Mirror by Linda of NKDesigns
"This is an image transfer onto pearlized white clay. I have covered the image with resin for a beautiful finish. It is one of my favorite images to transfer. It is a two sided mirror, one magnified and one regular.
"


9 - The Mill by Cindy of Arrowdale Art Studio 
"This is a piece I did for my husband's "private collection," which has gradually grown to a small village. I liked the challenge of this piece - the mill's wheel actually spins, and i like the sense of the moving water in the mill stream. The porch's "tin" roof contrasts nicely with the "shingles" on the main roof. This is my entry into the latest Monthly Challenge of the PCAGOE, Not Jewelry, Not Wearable."


10 - Mrs Gardener Bookmark by Shirali of SmallIdea
"This is my entry in the Polymer Clay Artists of Etsy's January Challenge: Not Jewelry, Not Wearable. Her name is Mrs Flora Gardener. Guess what ??!! She loves gardening. The miniature flowers, Lady bugs, Mushroom, leaves and little gardening tool are all made out of Polymer clay and foil."


11 - Mr. Snowman's Look When He Saw His Wonderful Christmas Surprise! by Jackie of The Pleasant Pheasant
 "Mr. Snowman Votive's face registered his shock and surprise over his wonderful Christmas gift...
This is my entry for the Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy's January Challenge."


12 - Handmade Millefiori Floral Polymer Clay Clock by Angela of Polymer Clay Creations
 "This one of a kind clock is made with an upcycled old CD. I covered the CD with hundreds of flower and butterfly cane slices. After baking and sanding I added a clock movement kit. Makes a unique and useful item, keeping one more used CD out of a landfill." 


13 - Purple Raku Vessel by Kathy of ElPasoClayNation
"The core of this tiny bottle is a piece of copper pipe. The crackle effect of the clay is created by using different brands and ages of clay."


14 - Salt and Pepper Shakers by Becky of Becky Sue Creations 
"This is my entry for this month's challenge. I used a cane slice to decorate the four sides of the salt and pepper shakers. I used a base coat of white clay for the salt and black clay for the pepper." 
 
15 - Evergreen napkin rings by Lisa of HiGirls
"Created with a veneer of layers and textures in deep greens over brass rings."


16 - Dance to Your Own Music Mini-Mosaic by Arlene of Ashpaints
"Dancing is one of my favorite things to do so this mini-mosaic really speaks to me. Built on a 3” x ¾” wooden square with a self easel, this is made with many small individual polymer clay tiles with a few black and white seed beads added in for contrast. The "Dance" message is stamped then a process using acrylic glazes brings out the message."



17 - Polymer Clay covered candle votive set by Nikki of AdornmentsByEstelle
"This is my first attempt at making candle votives. I covered each one with translucent polymer clay. I then used extruded strands of gold, blue, purple and translucent. I made spirals, swirls and circles on each of the votives. I was worried that the glass votive might crack but I am happy to report that nothing of sort happened."



Vote Here
Choose your top 3 favorites. The same entry may not be counted more than once. Voting is open to the public Jan. 1-7. Read the expanded rules here.


Full Name (required for voter prize notification):
Email Address (Required for voter prize notification):
For current Dues-Paying PCAGOE Members: What is Your Etsy Shop Name?
Please select your 1st choice:
Please select your 2nd choice: (no duplicate selections, please)
Please select your 3rd choice: (no duplicate selections, please)
How did you hear about the PCAGOE challenge?
Would you like to receive the monthly PCAGOE e-newsletter? yes
no
I already receive it
Our members love comments! Please comment here on the entries and/or the challenge in general.






Create a web form here

No comments:

Post a Comment